grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: "Bee-Lindgren, Bert A" <>
  • Cc: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 22:48:51 -0700

Jeffrey

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!
---------------------------------------

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Bee-Lindgren, Bert A <> wrote:

Hello,

If we wanted to continue using that IDIndex (as gidNumber), is there a way to call it when defining the template?

Yes, you should use groupAttributes['IDIndex'] (or any other group attribute) in the template's value of gidNumber. I've created GRP-1298 to make sure it is available.

​Perfect, I'm planning to start upgrading our dev soon, I'll let you know if I have trouble​

We have POSIX groups that are flat but our groupsOfNames are busy.

> Can both be supported from the same provisioner instance?

In the grouper-loader.properties, you would define two sections, one for the posix groups and one for the groups of unique names (as they have different templates, etc). Both of these provisioners would run happily within a single loader/daemon instance.

In the template within the groupOfUniqueNames section, you would use the utils.bushyDn syntax to build the DN.

​got it I understand now. Structure seems to be well thought out!​

Hoping this helps,

  Bert