Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: Jeffrey Crawford <>, Gouper Users List <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 00:38:49 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: ucsc.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;ucsc.edu; dmarc=none action=none header.from=isc.upenn.edu;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Apache basic auth with web services works fine, that is what we use on the demo server.
We use the built in subjects in the DB.
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Crawford
I'm having a hard time trying to get external auth working for Grouper Web Services. I have Apache set up to perform Basic Auth against our LDAP server. The configuration seem to be working since I can see the authenticated user in the logs. However it looks like all the requests are getting a 500 error and I get the message "SEVERE: Web service did not even respond!" from the grouper client.
I thought that using basic auth would populate REMOTE_USER which would then be used by grouper web services but it seems to be failing. I'm not getting any stack traces in any of the logs ("grouperWs/grouper_error.log", "catalina.out"). also it's not clear to me how to set up grouper to "know" about any of the service accounts I want to use for web services. I need to restrict access to such services the way we are defining how it would work.
Hopefully the above made sense. Are there other logs where something might be showing up?
Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!
- [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Jeffrey Crawford, 05/03/2016
- Re: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Scott Koranda, 05/03/2016
- RE: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Hyzer, Chris, 05/04/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.