Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: Jeffrey Crawford <>, Scott Koranda <>
- Cc: Gouper Users List <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 00:43:49 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: ucsc.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;ucsc.edu; dmarc=none action=none header.from=isc.upenn.edu;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Username cant contain a colon in basic auth:
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Crawford
I did do that and I just got it working, basically it was a combination of needing to add -XX:MaxPermSize=150m to the tomcat java line to prevent out of memory errors. Understanding the relationship between Apache REMOTE_USER and grouper-ws.properties. (Hint there is none). and adding a new ldap source entry in sources.xml so that the system understands where the web service accounts are.
I was hoping to use a Grouper local entity be the account base for service accounts but I couldn't figure out how to make it match what was in REMOTE_USER. If I added an ldap account like ucsc:service-accts:svc1 the apache mod_authz_ldap sets REMOTE_USER to "ucsc" only, for some reason it's cutting off at the first ":". I'll have to figure out why another day.
Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Scott Koranda <> wrote:
- [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Jeffrey Crawford, 05/03/2016
- Re: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Scott Koranda, 05/03/2016
- RE: [grouper-users] Setting Web Services, Hyzer, Chris, 05/04/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.