grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] How to let Subjects manage groups themselves?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] How to let Subjects manage groups themselves?

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: Francesco Cepparo <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] How to let Subjects manage groups themselves?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:57:38 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, access to the Grouper UI can be controlled via Grouper access groups.
I would say that kind of delegated access control is the raison d’être for
Grouper!

To *authenticate* a subject, you need to set up some kind of authentication
source. A local password database is one way, but you can also use LDAP or a
system like Apereo-CAS.
Once a subject authenticates, Grouper itself can be used to control
*authorization* to the system.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Systems Programmer