grouper-users - [grouper-users] Can you remove multiple privileges when a member is removed from a group?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Can you remove multiple privileges when a member is removed from a group?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Can you remove multiple privileges when a member is removed from a group?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:56:57 +0000 (UTC)

Based off of the Rules tutorial video.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZS85qy8ZD4)

I am lead to believe that the way you remove members from groups, is to assign
attributes to the group you want members to be removed from, and monitor other
groups with "ruleCheckType, membershipRemove".

My question is, can you not simply assign an attribute to one group(to monitor
said group), say the group "Employees", and when a person is removed from said
group, the triggered rule removes them from several other groups defined
inside the rule.

The way the video leads me to believe, you would need to duplicate the rule to
remove members from groups (if they were removed from the "Employees" group)
in every sub-set group you would want to remove them from.

Is this truly the only way to do this?

  • [grouper-users] Can you remove multiple privileges when a member is removed from a group?, jmacek, 08/21/2015