grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] 2.2 production?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] 2.2 production?

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: Jeffrey T Eaton <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] 2.2 production?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 00:46:36 -0500

Yes, we've been running 2.2 in production since early October. The upgrade went smoothly, and our Grouper provisioning and applications continued to work without any problems. The only advice I have is to plan ahead for the time it will take to run postGrouper2_2Upgrade.gsh, the script that is run after the DDL updates. It can take a very long time, depending on how many groups you have, and the extent to which you use group types and attributes. We did a test database upgrade ahead of time to see how long it would take. The script ran smoothly too, but you may have to arrange for extended Grouper downtime.

Peter