grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Infographic

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Infographic

  • From: Richard James <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Infographic
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 14:21:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi All,

I thought I would post something a bit different from the normal technical questions to share some work we have been doing at Newcastle. I promise technical PSP questions will be following in the coming weeks :)

Recently we have been exploring different ways of demonstrating the key business benefits and drivers for the use of Middleware and Identity services. One method that we have been working on is the creation of Infographics, which are visual aids to share information and knowledge about a potentially complex system/service in a more clear and eye catching way.

I have created an Infographic for our Grouper group management service at Newcastle University and thought it would be good to share with the community to gather some feedback and thoughts. You can view it at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/group-management/infographic/grouperinfografic.jpg. Please excuse any lack of creativity, its an improvement on my normal use of stick men :).

We are in the process of producing further Infographics for our Login Gateway and Institutional data feed services and hope they will allow the end users to be able to see the end benefits of the services without all the technical details.

Many thanks,
Richie

Richard James
Infrastructure Systems Administrator