grouper-users - [grouper-users] AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:41:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

When provisioning AD groups from the PSP the default example shows sAMAccountName being set to the CN.  When the PSP provisions a group it seems to create 2 CNs. One like FolderID:GroupID and another that is just GroupID.

Well AD doesn’t allow colons in sAMAccountName. I found this discussion:

https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/grouper-dev/2012-07/msg00027.html

This comment caught my eye:

 At Duke, we work around the colon issue and maintain uniqueness by converting the colons into hyphens and not allowing hyphens in group/folder names in Grouper.”

Is this something I can configure or do I have to dig into the source code to make the fix?

-Bryan