grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons

  • From: "Bryan E. Wooten" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: AD groups and sAMAccountname, colons
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:33:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Thanks,

Looking at that, I am not sure how I make it substitute ‘-‘ for ‘:’ in the cn grouper is trying to populate.

I tried this:

group.attribute.validator.attributeName.0=cn

group.attribute.validator.regex.0=s/:/-/g

group.attribute.validator.vetoMessage.0=Group name '$attributeValue$' is invalid since it must contain only alpha-numerics or spaces

But it had no effect. This seems like an issue anyone trying to provision groups into AD will encounter. There must be an example out there somewhere.

Apologies for regex being far from my strong suit.

Thanks,

Bryan