grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Richard James <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:00:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yeah, Im trying to reproduce this.

I have a group in grouper 1.6, and then I manually delete that row in the DB
in grouper_groups_types.

Then I see the same error you see. Then I recreate that row in
grouper_groups_types:

#######################################
gsh 0% grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession();
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession:
01c2a99386ec454e8b5e00dd2637abd6,'GrouperSystem','application'
gsh 3% group = GroupFinder.findByName(grouperSession, "test:testGroup");
group: name='test:testGroup' displayName='test:testGroup'
uuid='e7b54e4b2c4c42e288f7b6a667ffaec3'
gsh 4% group.delete();
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
``group.delete();'' : Method Invocation group.delete
// See error log for full stacktrace
// caused by: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.exception.GrouperException:
// unexpected condition,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: true, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW
// caused by: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.exception.SchemaException:
// invalid group type: for group name: test:testGroup,
GroupType[creatorUuid=3f68c77ab34e4563a5140306be23f3d8,createTime=1318266890386,fields=7,isAssignable=false,isInternal=false,name=base,uuid=a23b03ab173f44d9a98727faa77462ca]:admins

gsh 6% base = GroupTypeFinder.find("base");
type: 'base'
gsh 8% GrouperDAOFactory.getFactory().getGroup().addType( group, base);
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GroupTypeTuple:
GroupTypeTuple[groupUuid=e7b54e4b2c4c42e288f7b6a667ffaec3,typeUuid=a23b03ab173f44d9a98727faa77462ca]
#######################################

Then stop and start GSH to clear things out. Try to delete the group. I get
an error about stale object state for hibernate. I tried to set this for GSH
in the grouper.properties, but I still cant delete the group... can you?

###############################
groups.updateLastMembershipTime = false

###############################
gsh 11% group.delete();
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
``group.delete();'' : Method Invocation group.delete
// See error log for full stacktrace
// caused by:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.exception.GrouperStaleObjectStateException:
// Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: false, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: false, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: false, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: true, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW
// caused by: org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException:
// Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value
mapping was incorrect):
[ImmediateMembershipEntry#0503a1f152b64f7d97145e1c45d8ede0]
gsh 12%