grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Richard James <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Unresolvable Group
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:52:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

There should be more info in the logs, can you send all the error stacks form
the UI and GSH?

Thanks,
chris

On Behalf Of Richard James
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Subject: [grouper-users] Unresolvable Group

Hi All,

We are having a problem with one of our groups which was created yesterday.
Within the Grouper UI, we can see the group that we created in the explore
view, named PSS_SFS_Careers_Service_Intranet within its designated stem.
However when you click on the group to view more details for it, the
following message is displayed.

Error:
The error has been logged and the administrator notified.
If you continue to encounter errors, please contact technical support.

When going to GSH, I can find the group,

gsh 25%
getGroups("Applications:Filestores:PSS:Student_&_Academic_Services:Careers_Service:PSS_SFS_Careers_Service_Intranet")
group:
name='Applications:Filestores:PSS:Student_&_Academic_Services:Careers_Service:PSS_SFS_Careers_Service_Intranet'

displayName='Applications:Filestores:PSS:Student_&_Academic_Services:Careers_Service:PSS_SFS_Careers_Service_Intranet'
uuid='1af21f3c9f1a4c50abb48209ead4b624'

However if I try to delete the group, the following is displayed;

gsh 28%
delGroup("Applications:Filestores:PSS:Student_&_Academic_Services:Careers_Service:PSS_SFS_Careers_Service_Intranet")
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
``delGroup("Applications:Filestores:PSS:Student_&_Academic_Services:Careers_Servic
. . . '' : Error invoking compiled command: : Error in compiled command:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.exception.GrouperException: unexpected
condition,
Problem in HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: true, isReadonly:
false, grouperTransactionType: READ_WRITE_NEW

It appears that the Group creation transaction may not have been completed
correctly and has become into a bit of an orphaned state. I can see the group
in the groupers_group table in the database.

Is there any way to resolve this? This is causing issues when we are trying
to provision our groups into the Active directory, as when it gets to this
group, its encountering a null error. I've attached a copy of our
grouper_error log.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Richie