grouper-users - RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] assignPermissions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] assignPermissions

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: mohan shamachar <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: RE: RE: [grouper-users] assignPermissions
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 20:47:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I installed 2.1.2 via installer, and tried it, and it worked. So the user
who is using the WS must not have attrUpdate on the attribute definition :)

Try it as a wheel group member to take privileges out of it. Then use the
user which didn't work, and grant the privs on the attribute def and I think
ADMIN on the role, and see if it works.

That error message should be better. Basically it is saying it cant see the
attribute definition you are passing in, and to pass one in that the calling
user can see...

About actions... yes, there is a list of actions associated with the
permission definition (attribute definition). However, each assignment is
the triple of assignee (role or entity_in_context_of_role), resource
(permission name / attribute name), and the action. So when you assign you
need to pass in the action(s) which should be assigned. Ok?

On Behalf Of mohan shamachar