grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Gagné Sébastien <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:40:08 -0500

On 1/30/13 5:55 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
We've encountered performance problems when assigning the members of a group privileges to thousands of groups,

I think that was on an old version of Grouper, this is not a problem anymore,
right?
I do still see one problem. If we make a change to the membership of the group that has privileges for all the course groups, entries in the change log temp table are not processed for a very long time. For Grouper 2.1, I stopped timing it after an hour. It took several hours for 1.6. We use a change log consumer for near real-time provisioning, so that's a problem. In some cases, users are making requests to access a service, and expect to get access within about 10 minutes. The only solution I have is to handle changes to that group as a maintenance activity.

Peter