grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>, Peter DiCamillo <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Defining rule-based group privileges?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:55:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dynamic group privileges have the same problem as ldap groups... we do
queries and join to security views which must be established in the database.
If we have to do something external, then we cant browse the database in a
performant way... You

> We've encountered performance problems when assigning the members of a
> group
> privileges to thousands of groups,

I think that was on an old version of Grouper, this is not a problem anymore,
right?

> and we'd also like to be able add and change
> rules-based privileges after the groups have been created.

As Sebastien says there is a cron which allows you to add privileges to
existing groups.

The rule right now is coded to add to privileges in the groups so that groups
could have individual privileges above and beyond the "ruled" ones. If you
want a rule that replaces privileges, that could be written. If you want one
that remembers which privileges were assigned due to the rule, so only those
can be changed later, that is more complex, but I could imagine such a thing
I guess...

On Behalf Of Gagné Sébastien