grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.1.3: errors with "gsh.sh -test -all"

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.1.3: errors with "gsh.sh -test -all"

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Dominique Petitpierre <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.1.3: errors with "gsh.sh -test -all"
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:29:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I just ran all the tests of 2.1.3 against oracle and it worked fine.
If the tests run individually, but not in the suite, then Im not concerned...
there might be differences with caches and with clearing out the DB all of
the sudden, or other that would not happen in real life.

Also, I think Junit doesn’t guarantee the order that tests are run, so they
are different each time, which makes things different, or again with caching,
if tests take longer, they can behave a little different.

C:\mchyzer\grouper\test\grouper_v2_1_3\grouper.apiBinary-2.1.3\bin>gsh -test
-all

Time: 3,678.665

OK (2157 tests)

The only change I made was to grouper.hibernate.properties

hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe

hibernate.connection.username = grouper2_1
# If you are using an empty password, depending upon your version of
# Java and Ant you may need to specify a password of "".
# Note: you can keep passwords external and encrypted:
hibernate.connection.password = **********

On Behalf Of Dominique Petitpierre