grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper gid's

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper gid's

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper gid's
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 21:06:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

For 2.2 we will have integer id’s on groups:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Integer+IDs+on+Grouper+objects

However, is anyone planning on using that for Unix GID’s?  Or do you do this already?

I’m interested in putting some guidance on the wiki or seeing if there is more to develop in this area.  i.e. do you use LDAP?  Will the PSP be able to provision the GID’s?  Or do you use some other software to manage the unix group assignments?  Do you use a Grouper attribute to mark groups for Unix, or for certain Unix environments?  Other details?