grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

  • From: Vincent Repain <>
  • To: Mark McCoy <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:07:16 +0100

Le 20/11/2012 21:51, Mark McCoy a écrit :

Hi all, new to the list and to Grouper….

Just wondering what everyone else is using for managing your configurations for Grouper, for example, what parts of Grouper do you put under revision control? Grouper spreads itself out under different directories and it is difficult to know what needs to be stored in SVN or git and what isn’t needed. I’m specifically thinking about a disaster recovery scenario or a “clone the production server into a test environment ASAP to replicate a huge problem” scenario where we would do an install using the installer and then checkout a directory or 2 (or 3) from the master repository to get a working installation up quickly.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

*Mark McCoy**
*Identity Management Analyst
The Office of Information Technology
The University of Texas at San Antonio

cid:

/One place for all your technology requests/

http://oitconnect.utsa.edu <http://oitconnect.utsa.edu/>__

<mailto:>
210-458-5555

Hi,
Here's what i keep in a repository to be able to deploy Grouper quickly from apiBinary, ui and psp tar.gz (didn't try grouper Installer yet) :

grouper.apiBinary :
/conf/* (including psp config)
/bin/setenv.sh (jvm options)

grouper.ui :
build.properties

For Jasig CAS authentication (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Implementing+CAS+Authentication+for+Grouper) :
grouper.ui/contrib/yale-cas-auth/*
grouper.ui/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
custom-grouper-ui/additional-build.xml

So, even if there seems to be a lot of directories, customization files are quite limited.

--
Vincent Repain
INSA de Rennes