grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Vincent Repain <>, Mark McCoy <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:30:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We keep all the stuff in local version control, here is a description and an
ant script...

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Managing+Grouper+in+several+environments

On Behalf Of Vincent Repain
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:07 AM
To: Mark McCoy

Le 20/11/2012 21:51, Mark McCoy a écrit :

> Hi all, new to the list and to Grouper..
>
> Just wondering what everyone else is using for managing your
> configurations for Grouper, for example, what parts of Grouper do you
> put under revision control? Grouper spreads itself out under different
> directories and it is difficult to know what needs to be stored in SVN
> or git and what isn't needed. I'm specifically thinking about a
> disaster recovery scenario or a "clone the production server into a
> test environment ASAP to replicate a huge problem" scenario where we
> would do an install using the installer and then checkout a directory
> or 2 (or 3) from the master repository to get a working installation
> up quickly.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark
>
> *Mark McCoy**
> *Identity Management Analyst
> The Office of Information Technology
> The University of Texas at San Antonio
>
> cid:
>
> /One place for all your technology requests/
>
> http://oitconnect.utsa.edu <http://oitconnect.utsa.edu/>__
>

> <mailto:>
> 210-458-5555

Hi,
Here's what i keep in a repository to be able to deploy Grouper quickly
from apiBinary, ui and psp tar.gz (didn't try grouper Installer yet) :

grouper.apiBinary :
/conf/* (including psp config)
/bin/setenv.sh (jvm options)

grouper.ui :
build.properties

For Jasig CAS authentication
(https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Implementing+CAS+Authentication+for+Grouper)

:
grouper.ui/contrib/yale-cas-auth/*
grouper.ui/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
custom-grouper-ui/additional-build.xml

So, even if there seems to be a lot of directories, customization files
are quite limited.

--
Vincent Repain
INSA de Rennes