grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Mark McCoy" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] best practice for configuration management
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:21:19 -0500

Here we have Dev/Test/Prod environment.

In SVN we reproduced the grouper folder directories for the files we modified. For files with the same configuration through every environment, we use the "standard" name, while files that are different will have tags (_dev, _test, _prod). This way we can copy the structure right on the extracted Grouper jars and then choose which file we need to remove the tag.

As for password, in the conf files we specify the path to the external password file (always the same since we use symlinks for api/ui/ws folder). When installing we create the morphString file, encrypt the password and save it in the appropriate file. That way they aren’t saved in SVN, but we could copy them through env

Here's what it looks like :