Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
[grouper-users] RE: Lite UI overwriting existing groups
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Gagné Sébastien <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Lite UI overwriting existing groups
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:47:52 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:31 AM
Subject: [grouper-users] Lite UI overwriting existing groups
Using the lite UI, if I try to create a group with the same name as one in the same folder, the Lite UI will overwrite the existing group’s value for those specified in the creation page. This is a confusing behaviour since we would expect to see a “This group already exists” error message or at least a warning asking “This group already exist, are you sure you want to overwrite the existing values ?” with a Yes/No option. Right now it simply says “Group saved”.
The Admin UI doesn’t have that behaviour, it shows a “group already exists with name:…” error. So this behaviour is conflicting.
Is it possible to modify the Lite UI’s behaviour ?
Sébastien Gagné, | Analyste en informatique
514-343-6111 x33844 | Université de Montréal,
| Pavillon Roger-Gaudry, local X-100-11
- [grouper-users] Lite UI overwriting existing groups, Gagné Sébastien, 11/13/2012
- [grouper-users] RE: Lite UI overwriting existing groups, Chris Hyzer, 11/13/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.