grouper-users - [grouper-users] Lite UI overwriting existing groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Lite UI overwriting existing groups

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Lite UI overwriting existing groups
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:31:42 -0500

Hi,

Using the lite UI, if I try to create a group with the same name as one in the same folder, the Lite UI will overwrite the existing group’s value for those specified in the creation page. This is a confusing behaviour since we would expect to see a “This group already exists” error message or at least a warning asking “This group already exist, are you sure you want to overwrite the existing values ?” with a Yes/No option. Right now it simply says “Group saved”.

The Admin UI doesn’t have that behaviour, it shows a “group already exists with name:…” error. So this behaviour is conflicting.

Is it possible to modify the Lite UI’s behaviour ?

Thanks

Sébastien Gagné,     | Analyste en informatique

514-343-6111 x33844  | Université de Montréal,