grouper-users - [grouper-users] Custom subject adapter spec work for Bamboo

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Custom subject adapter spec work for Bamboo

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Custom subject adapter spec work for Bamboo
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:45:12 -0500

I'm continuing work toward a custom Grouper subject adapter that will allow,
for example, adding new people to groups when the people entries must be
retrieved by queries agains the RESTful Bamboo Person Service.

I understand that this probably means building on BaseSourceAdapter.java.

What I'd like to understand at this point is how the delivered Grouper admin
UI for adding members to a group actually invokes the source adapter. I see
that there is a simpleSearch.jsp at
.../grouper.ui-2.1.0/webapps/WEB-INF

But I can't quite figure out how that is invoking a subject search. Certainly
due to my limited understanding of JSPs & Java.

Thanks in advance for pointers, --Keith