grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: LDAPCNG Issues - follow up question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: LDAPCNG Issues - follow up question

  • From: "Klug, Lawrence" <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: LDAPCNG Issues - follow up question
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 14:23:30 -0800

Tom,

I've been talking with our LDAP administrator and apparently we have a
naming conflict with the eduMember objectClass. This is a result of the
upgrade to Sun Java System Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.3.1.

Please read her comments below:

Yes, eduMember is the cause of the problem. I have eduMember implemented in
the directory. However, one of the eduMember attribute isMemberOf has the
name conflict with DSEE 6.3 system attribute name. I had to delete the
eduMember version of isMemberOf during our migration from DSEE 5.2 to 6.3. In
other words, eduMember implementation use to be fine in DSEE5.2, but it can
no longer be implemented in DSEE 6.3 because of the name conflict.

I'm now implementing a new object class uclaMember in eds7. This object class
has two attributes: uclaIsMemberOf and uclaHasMember. I'm going to ask you to
try use uclaMember instead of eduMember with LDAPCNG to see if this could be
a possible workaround.

If you want, you can post the issue to grouper mailing list to see if anyone
else has encounter the same issue and if they have a better workaround.

On Behalf Of Tom Zeller