Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
- To: Rob Urquhart <>,
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] problems with grouper-ui 2.0
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:04:32 +0100
--On 07 October 2011 12:22 -0700 Rob Urquhart
Hi,As Chris suggested the location of the error points to an issue with request parameters / session attributes. The form you submit to search should have:
I'm installing grouper 2.0 and I'm running into some problems with the
UI. I have a JDBC source defined (see attached) and it works in gsh. That
is, I can run SubjectFinder.findAll, SubjectFinder.findById and I get the
expected results. I can also add new stems from gsh. I can log into the
UI and display members of groups that were added by gsh. But:
1. If I try to add a new member in the UI by going to the page (e.g.)
"Assign privileges / Add members for [uiUsers]" and then doing a search
it throws a NPE. (See attached log1).
<input type="hidden" name="newSearch" value="Y"/>
The error indicates that this parameter is not passed - or something placed in the session is not available. Do you get the error if you login, go straight to the group, click 'Add members' and search?
This is a somewhat bad error message which actually means you need to add a folder id. The UI doesn't indicate it is mandatory - nor the error message - so we should change that.
2. It I try to add a new stem I get an error: "Error: Could not create
folder. Error is 'must contain a non-whitespace character, Problem in
HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: false, isReadonly: false,
I suspect there is a configuration change from 1.6.3 that I have missed,
but after going through the 2.0 release notes I'm still stumped. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
GW Brown, IT Services
- [grouper-users] problems with grouper-ui 2.0, Rob Urquhart, 10/07/2011
- RE: [grouper-users] problems with grouper-ui 2.0, Chris Hyzer, 10/07/2011
- Re: [grouper-users] problems with grouper-ui 2.0, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 10/13/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.