grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] template for simple group GUI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] template for simple group GUI

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] template for simple group GUI
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:44:06 +0100

--On 24 September 2011 18:55 -0400 Steven Carmody <> wrote:

On 9/23/11 1:09 PM, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:

I'll have a go at setting this up and let you know what I had to change.
In media.properties changing the following properties should give you
most of what you want;

menu.order=ManageGroups
default.browse.path=/populateManageGroups.do

You should see 'List my groups' which hides the hierarchy. I thought I'd
made it so that could be turned on by default - but I can't find it.
Wouldn't be too difficult to add it if that is a big deal.

thanks very much!

One more question, of course -- any guesses on approaches to running
multiple Grouper GUIs, with different property settings, for different
constituencies ?
In principle it is possible through the use of Struts modules <https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Architecture#Architecture-3.2> and/or overloading resource bundles: <https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Architecture#Architecture-3.4>. I would recommend setting up your own module to keep any customisations separate from the core Grouper code, and set up a number of 'locales'. You can then choose your 'instance' by passing a 'lang' parameter (really the locale string) at login. If present, Struts will then load resources (media.properties, nav.properties, tiles-def.xml) based on the locale - using the defaults for any elements you don't choose to override.

Of course you could also run completely separate instances.

Gary

GW Brown, IT Services