grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:06:55 +0100

Hi Tom,

It's only really a very minor annoyance- if it's a very simple code change
i.e. a couple of lines I'll put the JIRA in, any more than that and Im happy
to live with it.

Many thanks,

Mark

On 13 Jul 2011, at 21:03, Tom Zeller wrote:

>> On a semi-related note is there any way to omit the top-level stem ou but
>> deploy everything below it? Is it just a case of filtering it out?
>> The reason being that I'm using the -configManager method at the moment to
>> provision each stem individually to
>> ou=<stem>,ou=grouper,dc=authorise,dc=ed,dc=ac,dc=uk.
>>
>> This results in e.g.
>> ou=org,ou=org,ou=grouper,dc=authorise,dc=ed,dc=ac,dc=uk.
>>
>> Not a huge issue, just slightly untidy duplication.
>
> Omitting the top-level stem would require a code change, which I have
> been avoiding for ldappc, but which I am willing to do if so desired
> and given the time to do it.
>
> Please submit a jira issue if you wish to pursue.
>
> https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email:

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.