grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:47:45 +0100

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply

On 12 Jul 2011, at 17:09, Tom Zeller wrote:

> One one <groups> element is allowed in ldappc.xml.

OK, thanks for clarifying this.

>> The reason I ask is that we have some users who want to be able to use
>> Grouper to manage their Netgroups.
>
> So you want to provision a subset of groups to a different ldap ou or
> with different attributes ? You will probably need to use a second
> ldappc configuration, specified via gsh.sh with the -configManager
> <path to second ldappc.xml> option.

These probably come under the heading of group-like objects with different
attributes.

> If you use a second ldappc configuration, please make sure that you
> use different root-dn locations, otherwise you will likely clobber
> yourself.

Been there, done that out of curiosity, won't do it again ;-)

On a semi-related note is there any way to omit the top-level stem ou but
deploy everything below it? Is it just a case of filtering it out?
The reason being that I'm using the -configManager method at the moment to
provision each stem individually to
ou=<stem>,ou=grouper,dc=authorise,dc=ed,dc=ac,dc=uk.

This results in e.g. ou=org,ou=org,ou=grouper,dc=authorise,dc=ed,dc=ac,dc=uk.

Not a huge issue, just slightly untidy duplication.

Kind regards,

Mark

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email:

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.