grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Eclipse Project for Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Eclipse Project for Grouper

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Klug, Lawrence" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Eclipse Project for Grouper
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 03:24:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

The developers do this, and each svn project is conducive to this, should be easy.  What do you want to run?  Gsh, loader, ws, ui, all?  J

Just check out each project (though now with maven the instructions might be a little different)  maybe this helps:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Development+Environment+Using+Maven

Anyways, start with grouper, run an ant build (or maven?) configure all the properties files.  Try running GrouperShell from eclipse.

Then open the UI project in eclipse.  Link source folders from grouper (conf and source).  Java should just build to webapp/WEB-INF/classes.  Run ant dev.  Configure the ui config files.  Link a servers tab entry to grouperUi/webapp for grouper/.

For WS, do a similar thing to the UI.