grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Mark Cairney <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Multiple group types via LDAPPC
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:09:11 -0500

> Within Grouper I understand that you can create arbitrary Group types with
> user-defined fields. Has anyone exported these to LDAP via LDAPPC?
>
> Is it simply a case of creating multiple <groups> stanzas in ldappc.xml, one
> for each group type?

One one <groups> element is allowed in ldappc.xml.

> The reason I ask is that we have some users who want to be able to use
> Grouper to manage their Netgroups.

So you want to provision a subset of groups to a different ldap ou or
with different attributes ? You will probably need to use a second
ldappc configuration, specified via gsh.sh with the -configManager
<path to second ldappc.xml> option.

If you use a second ldappc configuration, please make sure that you
use different root-dn locations, otherwise you will likely clobber
yourself.

TomZ