grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1

  • From: Martin Feller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:20:29 -0600

On 2/1/11 10:23 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
> Correct, and I think you might only need one membership view, but we can
> discuss and if you need multiple that will work too... depending on how
> many groups/memberships and how often they change will affect how often you
> can sync it. If you need quick updates you might even be able to try every
> minute and see how it goes :) If you can deal with every 5 minutes, that
> generate less load on the systems :)
>
> If you are only syncing to Atlassian, then you might not need to worry too
> much about privileges on groups since the Atlassian user will be reading
> the data (I think). If you want to maintain all the privileges, that is a
> little more complicated with the loader, but might be doable, lets
> discuss... :) Its easy if your privileges consist of a group, and that
> group's members have that privilege. But if you have multiple subjects
> with a direct privilege, we would need a column of the view to make those
> comma separated one col (maybe plsql could help if oracle or whatever other
> language in mysql etc)... we could also solve this problem with a small
> croned java program to massage the data appropriately.

We definitely need the privileges, because the data is supposed to be
accessible to another tool
and not just by Atlassian tools, so we need authorization on Grouper level in
place, I think.
I got updates in the meantime which indicate that the LDAP provisioning is a
desired route.
And the group member names actually need to be changed during that
provisioning process, using a user name mapping.
I guess we need to think it over here a bit.

Thanks for all the valuable input!

-Martin