grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1

  • From: Martin Feller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc for grouper v1.1
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:27:42 -0600

Ok, I found this in the documentation archives for v1.1:

"With the 1.0 release, Grouper includes an XML import and export tool that
can be used for episodic or
periodic provisioning of group info to other contexts. The GrouperShell can
likewise be used to load and
retrieve group information. But there is as yet no near-real-time
"provisioning connector" that can update
LDAP directories or other run-time security infrastructure services. This is
perhaps the leading need of the
Grouper Project at this time. But several early adopter universities have
this need, and we expect to net
at least one provisioning connector or other run-time interface (eg, perhaps
a web services interface) for
Grouper as a product of their efforts."

That seems to tell me that the LDAPPC didn't exist in that version. Is that
correct?
Does anybody see a way to get the data into LDAP with existing tools?

Thanks!

Martin