grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper

  • From: Dirk Kastens <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:46:07 +0200

Hi,

What I don't understand is where I have to register the UnixGroupHook.java in
my grouper.properties

Anywhere, preferably where the hooks examples are commented out, just do
something like this:

hooks.group.class=some.package.UnixGroupHook

I defined the class PosixGroupHook in file
src/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/hooks/PosixGroupHook.java.

Then I created the following entry in my grouper.properties:
hooks.group.class=edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.PosixGroupHook

But each time I start grouper or the grouper shell, I get the error message

[main] ERROR GrouperUtil.propertyValueClass(8298) - Cant process property hooks.group.class in resource: grouper.properties, the current value is 'edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.PosixGroupHook', which should be of type: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.GroupHooks, java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.PosixGroupHook

What am I doing wrong? It doesn't matter which class I register, I always get the error that the current value x should be of type y.

Dirk