grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] feedback on grouper documentation

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] feedback on grouper documentation

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: eryaza01 <>, Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Ann Kitalong-Will <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] feedback on grouper documentation
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:19:00 -0400

> In my case, I am trying to add one data source (ldap) just to start
> with. I want to see if I could create groups using the Grouper and feed
> them into ldap.

Believe it or not this is the first request I recall about this. We have a
grouperLoader which works from SQL but I can easily extend it to work with
ldap I believe. If you want to send me the details of what you need, more
info of the ldap structure, etc, I can make sure I satisfy the requirements.

> My next steps would be shibbolizing the Grouper,

If you mean using shib to protect the grouper UI, there is a wiki about it.
If you mean exposing Grouper data to be used as shib attributes, I think we
are in development for that

> on ldap eduPersonPrimaryAffiliation=Staff and after that provision the
> newly created dynamic group to ldap using ldappc.
> Is it possible to do so using the Grouper user interface? Or it works
> just the other way - creating a dynamic group in ldap first and
> exporting it (all countless members of the group?) to the Grouper next?
> I see people mention having dynamic groups in Grouper but cannot find
> any information on how to do that. Any hints?

You will be able to configure the LDAP loader job via the UI, you configure
the ldappc with a config file once, and then when you create new groups they
go to ldap automatically...