grouper-users - feedback on grouper documentation

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

feedback on grouper documentation

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Ann Kitalong-Will <>
  • Subject: feedback on grouper documentation
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:14:45 -0500

Have you had a recent experience with needing to rely on grouper's documentation for some purpose, and either couldn't find something you needed or wish it would have been much easier to learn?

We will take an initial step to rework the grouper documentation wiki over the next 3 months, and we'd very much like your feedback, positive and negative, to help us identify the documentation needs we should focus on. Our motivation is to make it easier for implementers and others to find the information they need to help them with specific tasks, such as installing, upgrading, or troubleshooting.

Ann Kitalong-Will, who supports some of the other Internet2 working groups, will guide this effort. AnnKW will engage with the grouper community on this list for this project.

So please do share your experience with us. We'd also be extremely grateful if one or two of you would be willing to work more closely with us as "documentation use case experts" to help us ensure that the reworked documentation is effective for your use case. Please contact AnnKW if you'd like to inquire about working with us in this capacity.

Thanks!
Tom Barton
on behalf of the grouper team