grouper-users - request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5

  • From: William R Brown <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Tamra Valadez <>, Alan Takaoka <>
  • Subject: request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:47:48 -0600

Greetings grouper developers:

I'm using a grouper client embedded in uPortal 3.1.1.  The client is using the SOAP interface to do calls to the grouper web service but the service is returning errors.  I think the issue may be that I am not formatting the url properly for the query but I can't seem to decode the correct format from the documentation so I want to ask here for help.

I'm attempting to get the listing of members from a group with id uc:org:nsit:webservices:members

I'm constructing the query as show below but am getting the following error

Response:

"The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR) /web/services/groups/uc:org:nsit:webservices:members"

Does someone here know if the URL format is correct or if I should be querying the SOAP interface in a different way?

Thanks for your input and advice

Bill Brown
U of Chicago
NSIT - Web Services