grouper-users - RE: request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5

  • From: William R Brown <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: request for help with SAOP calls to grouper 1.5
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:34:12 -0600

Thanks for the information Chris.

I've started to go down the path of working with the Rest interface for the grouper ws.  I'm throwing out this URL (in a web browser) to our server through the Rest interface via GET and it is sending me back the following for the result:  I'm not sure what is missing from the url but the response says something is null:

<WsRestResultProblem>
<resultMetadata>
<resultCode>INVALID_QUERY</resultCode>
<resultMessage>
Cant find GrouperWsRestGetGroup from string: 'null', expecting one of: members, ,  uri: /web/servicesRest/v1_4_002/groups/uc:org:nsit:webservices:members, method: GET, decoded url strings: 0: 'v1_4_002', 1: 'groups', 2: 'uc:org:nsit:webservices:members'
</resultMessage>
<success>F</success>
</resultMetadata>
<responseMetadata>
<millis>1</millis>
<serverVersion>v1_4_002</serverVersion>
</responseMetadata>
</WsRestResultProblem>

Do you or any others have any information about this error message?  I apologize if this answer is easily remedied from the documentation (I'm looking at more of if now).

Thanks again for your help.
Bill