grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:16:36 -0500

We were hurrying to get 1.5 out the door, and finished minimal requirements
on the attribute framework (mainly getting some permission management, and
Martin's requirements).

One of the gaps between what is there now, and what you need, is the ability
to put free-form values on the attribute. Right now the attributes are
markers (value-less). I want to have free-form values in by 1.6 (our next
minor release, hopefully in a couple of months). If you want to send me a
detailed spec for what you need, I can make sure it is there.

> Do you have any other examples for the new attribute
> framework?

Not really

> Is there any 1.5 documentation available yet that I
> could look at and then use to explore a checkout from the 1.5
> branch?

I wrote some basic documentation on 1.5 features, but those confluence pages
are private until the release which is soon

> Also, is there a way for the attributes to be pushed/mapped
> into LDAP?

Lets get your requirements and work with TomZ. My understanding is with his
new ldappc that we can do this without too much trouble.