grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:57:32 -0600

> We were hurrying to get 1.5 out the door, and finished
> minimal requirements on the attribute framework (mainly
> getting some permission management, and Martin's
> requirements).

Understood.

> One of the gaps between what is there now, and what you
> need, is the ability to put free-form values on the
> attribute. Right now the attributes are markers
> (value-less).

Oh, ok. I see now. Thanks.

Yes, we basically want free-form values.

> I want to have free-form values in by 1.6
> (our next minor release, hopefully in a couple of months).
> If you want to send me a detailed spec for what you need, I
> can make sure it is there.

Er, I will attempt to do that, but our requirements seem to
evolve quickly. The more functionality we enable the more
crazy things people dream up...

> > Do you have any other examples for the new attribute
> > framework?
>
> Not really
>

> > Is there any 1.5 documentation available yet that I could
> > look at and then use to explore a checkout from the 1.5
> > branch?
>
> I wrote some basic documentation on 1.5 features, but those
> confluence pages are private until the release which is soon
>
> > Also, is there a way for the attributes to be
> > pushed/mapped into LDAP?
>
> Lets get your requirements and work with TomZ. My
> understanding is with his new ldappc that we can do this
> without too much trouble.

Great. I will send an email to you and TomZ that shows what we
do now and how I think I would like to do it with Grouper in
the future.

Thanks,

Scott