grouper-users - Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Attribute framework for 1.5 and other examples
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 20:26:06 -0600

Hi Chris,

Again looking at your October slides...

Regarding the attribute framework for 1.5, I am having a
little trouble following the detailed example that you
presented for Martin's benefit. I think the Netherlands use
case is significantly more complicated than my needs at the
moment.

I am mostly interested in understanding how I can create and
then apply simple attributes to members and also to groups.

Right now we keep a separate database with member information
like telephone number, address, and the like. I am wondering
if with Grouper 1.5 we can do away with that and just use
Grouper to manage all that information (the less we have to
code ourselves the better).

Do you have any other examples for the new attribute
framework? Is there any 1.5 documentation available yet that I
could look at and then use to explore a checkout from the 1.5
branch?

Also, is there a way for the attributes to be pushed/mapped
into LDAP?

Thanks,

Scott