grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] auditing point in time

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] auditing point in time

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] auditing point in time
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:11:25 -0500

I think this will be in Grouper 2.0 or sooner (2.0 is our next major release
since we will update the first version number during major releases, second
digit for minor releases, and last digits for builds).

The stumbling block is that point in time should work off of a flattened
membership table (as should notification/change log). This means that
generally in point in time, auditors might not care if there is an effective
membership, or an immediate membership, or composite. All they care about is
if the member is in the group or not by any path. Once we have a flattened
membership table (which is also on the roadmap), then point in time will be
possible. Right now it is too complex to do point-in-time on all membership
paths. I will add the caveat that this is my design, I still need to vet it
and prove that it will work. :)