grouper-users - grouper privilege management

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

grouper privilege management

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: grouper privilege management
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:49:57 -0500

Grouper-users,

The Internet2 PaccMan group (Privilege and Access Management) have been
working on use cases, here is one from CMU:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/macepaccman/Carnegie+Mellon+Billing+Use+Case

I did a quick writeup on how the Grouper 1.5 privilege management features
could be used to tackle that problem:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/macepaccman/Grouper+and+the+CMU+Billing+Use+Case

Note these features (roles, privileges, etc) are new and experimental at this
point. A WS interface for this stuff is soon to come.

If you are interested in using this sort of thing at your institution, let me
know.

Also, MIT has a privilege management system called PerMIT (which will be a
released open source project soon) and they did a similar write-up here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/macepaccman/perMIT+and+the+CMU+Billing+Use+Case

If you want to get in contact with them, let me know.

  • grouper privilege management, Chris Hyzer, 11/03/2009