grouper-users - Demo Video for Extracting Data from Grouper Using Talend

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Demo Video for Extracting Data from Grouper Using Talend

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Demo Video for Extracting Data from Grouper Using Talend
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 04:11:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone,

As a natural follow up to the video last month which showed how we use Talend
to provision student module enrolments into Grouper, we have created a
further video which demonstrates how we use Talend to supply data from
Grouper to provision role based access control to a Syllabus plus room
booking system. Control over who can book particular rooms must be exercised
based upon an individual's position and role within the organisation.

This new video will demonstrate the extraction of data from Grouper, bringing
it together with other corporate data to produce a final data feed in XML
format, which can be used by the room booking system.

The video can be found under "Exporting Data from Grouper using Talend" at
http://research.ncl.ac.uk/idmaps/videos.php, for the creation of this video
we have used some new video capturing software from our last videos, which
will hopefully improve the viewing quality.

I hope that the video is of some interest, please free to get in touch with
any feedback or questions.

Many Thanks

Richard James
ISS Middleware Team