grouper-users - does grouper write to its database at startup?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

does grouper write to its database at startup?

  • From: Hans Zandbelt <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: does grouper write to its database at startup?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:08:38 +0100

Hi,

We are creating a failover setup for our grouper service by
setting up a "hot standby" grouper (failover/slave) server instance
next to the running grouper master instance.

The database of the failover instance in this setup is replicated
from the master instance and should not be written to by until the
server is promoted to master in case of failure.

My question is: does any of the grouper components (cq. the
grouper-ws, grouper-api or grouper GUI) write to its database
at startup time, ie. before any "external" interaction takes place?

If it does not do so, we can indeed ensure a fast failover by having a
"hot standby" Grouper instance. If it does, we would have to change
our setup to a "cold standby",

Regards,

Hans.

--