grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] [Grouper-UI] Error during Add Member when pager involved

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] [Grouper-UI] Error during Add Member when pager involved

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, ,
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] [Grouper-UI] Error during Add Member when pager involved
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:07:29 +0100

--On 17 June 2009 01:36 -0400 Chris Hyzer

Yes, I can reproduce this, it is a bug. Sorry about that.

I put in a fix in the 1.4 branch of the UI, if you want to pull the
latest UI from CVS on the 1.4 branch, try it out:

cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
login
cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
export -r
GROUPER_UI_1_4_BRANCH grouper-ui

Gary, if you can confirm the fix, that would be great.
The fix cures the symptom rather than the problem - which is, in part, down to the groupId going missing. The next/previous links for the search should maintain the groupId and callerPageId. If they did you wouldn't get the option to remove members. However, fixing those parameters doesn't entirely solve the problem - you end up viewing members but still in find mode. Instead I think you should return to the search results - the alternative would be to list members but explicitly quit 'find' mode. We could have an additional button 'Assign members and go to group summary' so the user can choose.

I'll try and look at it tomorrow. Various workflows share the same machinery so it is quite likely that other things are not working properly and/or fixing one problem might create another.

Ps. Wait until after 3am ET to get from CVS, sometimes it takes a little
bit to propagate... it is RemoveGroupMembersAction 1.3.8.1