grouper-users - Groups with duplicate names

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Groups with duplicate names

  • From: Paul Gazda <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Groups with duplicate names
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:03:15 -0700

I have found that using GrouperClient I can create 2 groups with the exact same name, and then when I do a findGroupsWs query in GrouperClient, I only get one of the groups returned. It seems like I should not be able to create 2 groups with the exact same name, or I should get both groups back when I query.

Details:

Create group 1 with name “ENT:pagTestDup1” using groupSaveWs --saveMode=INSERT

Create group 2 with name “ENT:pagTestDup2” using groupSaveWs --saveMode=INSERT

Modify the name of group 2  to be the same as group 1 with this command:

groupSaveWs --name=ENTE:pagTestDup1  --saveMode=UPDATE --groupLookupUuid=13014a29-68f1-27fd-bf17-86af6af4af4d

Then, when I do a query:

findGroupsWs --queryFilterType=FIND_BY_GROUP_NAME_APPROXIMATE --groupName=ENT:pagTestD, I only get group 1 returned in the result. However, if I query by each group’s uuid, I see each group is there with the exact same name.

This scenario came about because I was trying to determine whether I should ever expect to get more than 1 group returned when I do a findGroups query with –queryFilterType=FIND_BY_GROUP_NAME_EXACT.

Paul Gazda