grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Trying to improve ldappc performance

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Trying to improve ldappc performance

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Paul Engle <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Trying to improve ldappc performance
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:53:01 -0500

Yes, if you don't need member groups to be provisioned omit the "g:gsa" source-subject-identifier.

Locally, the rationale for provisioning member groups was for troubleshooting purposes and for administrators of Active Directory who primarily use management tools other than Grouper.

TomZ

However, I can't think of a reason why we would want to know
about member groups from the ldap side. All of our usage is
going to be based on knowing whether a person is in a given
group, be it direct or indirect. Given that, could I avoid the
extra lookups altogether if I just remove the
<source-subject-identifier> entry for the g:gsa source? Much of
our automatically-generated group struture relies on
member-groups in the definitions; eliminating all those lookups
may make a significant difference.

-paul