grouper-users - RE: Groups with duplicate names

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: Groups with duplicate names

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Paul Gazda <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: Groups with duplicate names
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:03:01 -0400

OK, I see.  I put a check in to prevent that if you want to get latest grouper API branch 1.4, so it is no longer possible.

And like I said, in grouper 1.5 there is a db constraint.  So you should expect to never get more than one group back with a group_name_exact unless there is a DB corruption (what I consider this case).

Btw, you used to be able to do the same thing in GSH/API also, and I fixed that too. (But again, in 1.5 its less of an issue)

gsh 0% grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession();

edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession: 9a2471e9d2ca4946ad1cb10909b8c3a7,'GrouperSystem','application'

gsh 1% group = GroupFinder.findByName(grouperSession, "aStem:aGroup");

group: name='aStem:aGroup' displayName='aStem:aGroup' uuid='56b46639daf940a1a29398b08e982657'

gsh 2% group.setExtension("aGroup4");

gsh 3% group.store();

gsh 4% exit

Regards,