grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper GROUPER_1_4_BRANCH: NullPointerException when updater tries to add another updater

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper GROUPER_1_4_BRANCH: NullPointerException when updater tries to add another updater

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: , Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper GROUPER_1_4_BRANCH: NullPointerException when updater tries to add another updater
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:10:00 +0000

Hi Loris,

There is actually a bug - you have to have admin to grant privileges, so the UI should not be offering the ACCESS privileges, only 'Member'.

The NullPointerException occurs because I try to examine the message for the GrantPrivilegeException - but there isn't one.

I'll fix the UI so it doesn't show the invalid options and check for null. I'll also review the errors. I don't have one for GrantPrivilegeException.

Gary