grouper-users - RE: AssignGrouperPrivileges in GrouperClient

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: AssignGrouperPrivileges in GrouperClient

  • From: Paul Gazda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: AssignGrouperPrivileges in GrouperClient
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:02:14 -0700

What I am looking for is a way to assign group privileges to members when a group is added or updated. I have one set of people and/or groups called “owners” who would be added with ADMIN privilege, and another set of members who would have VIEW privileges. It looks like I can add all of the members in one operation using GcAddMember. Ideally, I would like to set each member’s group privilege at the time they are added. The only way I see of doing it is by executing GcAssignGrouperPrivilegesLite once for each member, which seems very expensive. Am I not seeing an easier way of doing this?

Thanks.

Paul Gazda