grouper-users - RE: Grouper 1.4.0: Using hooks

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: Grouper 1.4.0: Using hooks

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: Grouper 1.4.0: Using hooks
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:20:41 -0500

If the group is school:whatever:group1
Is the group id you refer to "group1"
Or is it the uuid?

If it’s the uuid, then grouper generates that for you.

If it is "group1", then you cant have a blank name, so if you set to
"hooksWillChangeThis" or something, then the hook can look for that name.

You should only need a pre-insert, which can generate the ID, and assign to
the group. I don’t think you need a post insert... (you wouldn’t want it
anyway, you don’t want to rename the group after inserted, you want it
properly named before the insert)

> 1. Extend the GrouperHooks class

You mean GroupHooks class I assume

Yes on #3, you don’t need #4 to rebuild the grouper.jar...

Chris